What is genetic engineering?
Genetic engineering is the deliberate modification of the characteristics of an organism by manipulating its genetic material.
Some people are for it. Some believe that man should not get involved with manipulating genes and should just let nature run its course. What do you think?
Here's what is on the agenda in class today. In case you didn't know. . . IT'S FRIDAY! Wahoo! :)
Do the following in THIS order:
1. Bell Work- Flashback Friday. Make sure and hand it in when you are done.
2. UTIPS Standard 4 Practice Test Login: Lunch # Password: Last Name
3. Watch the Fruit Fly Cancer Research Video and then fill out THIS response sheet.
4. Watch the Eyes of Nye video about Genetically Modified Foods and then fill out THIS response sheet.
5. When you are done with 1-4 start working on Standard 4 Review. It will be due on Tuesday.
Good luck and have FUN learning!!!
PS- The practice test will be open ALL weekend and you can retake it as many times as you need to. Remember you need to keep taking it until you get above an 85%!