Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day!

I hope that your students enjoyed their first day in 5th grade as much as I did. Today was a day of introductions and going over our class goals for the year. We also took a math assessment. Yes, harsh. A math assessment on the very first day! The assessment will give me an idea of a starting point in math for each of the students and will not count on their grade.

We also learned about acrostic poems and each student was able to write one using their name. Their poems will be on display on the bulletin board outside our class by Friday.

Back to School Night is Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 pm. I hope to see each of you there!

If you have any questions, feel free to call the school or email me.

Thanks for letting me spend my day with your children. They were amazing! :) I am looking forward to a great year!

No comments: