Friday, September 30, 2011

Welcome to October!

October already? How did that happen? Every year it seems that once we get through October, that Christmas is here before we know it! I am not ready to start thinking about my Christmas shopping yet! :)

Last week we started our Unit 1 Treasures test. We did a lot of review on the MANY, MANY things that we learned over the last 5 weeks of the unit. I am excited to see the scores from the assessment. I am hoping that each student does as well as they can. It is important for me that each student finds a way to feel successful each day. Some days we will have small success. Other days we will have HUGE success. No matter how small our successes are, they are something that should be celebrated :)

Our class is in need of some supplies. If you feel that you can donate some of the needed items to our class, that would be GREAT! If you can't, no problem. Please don't feel as though you HAVE to donate. You don't. Donations are just that, donations. They are in no way required.

Here is the list:

*page protectors (for our portfolios)
*Clorox/Lysol wipes (for our desks, they get REALLY dirty!!!)
*Erasers (the kind that go on the back of pencils)
*Glue sticks
*Crayola washable markers
*Tissues (cold season is here)

I hope that each student is LOVING their 5th grade year. I know that 5th grade was my favorite year in school :)

No comments: